The Entrepreneurship Lab presents Pace Mobile App Design Contest! Entrepreneurship Lab (eLab) invites all Pace students to participate and win cash prizes.
Note: This is only a design contest and NOT a development contest.
Programming is NOT required.
Registration Ends: October 22, 2012 at 5:00 PM
Last Day of Submission: October 29, 2012 at 5:00 PM deadline extended to November 12, 2012
Finalist Announcement: November 9, 2012 (TO BE ANNOUNCED)
Final Event – Design Showcase & Student Vote: December 6, 2012
How to Enter
Eligibility: You must be a full or part-time student currently enrolled in Pace University
Register online: Each member of the team must complete the Registration Form
Submit: Submit all required documents by 5:00PM October 29, 2012 by emailing Nikhil Kalyankar, Associate
Director of Entrepreneurship Lab, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finals: If selected as a Finalist, specific instructions for the final event will be sent to you.
What to Submit
Short description (300-400 words) of the application. Please include:
- What makes the design particularly interesting or usable
- Outstanding features or design elements
A list of all App pages images (or screenshots) and a brief description of each image instructions:
- Please do NOT put callouts or captions on the image.
- Save each image in PNG format as a separate file (NOT in a document or presentation)
- Capture full-page images, showing as much as would be visible in a normal screen
- Each image filename should include the name of the application and a description of the image (such as elab_dashboard.png )
Design Tools & Languages
You may use any design tool or language
- Suggested Tools: Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Publisher, Xcode Interface Builder
- Aesthetic appeal
- Innovative features
- Complexity of the problem space
- Ease of use
First Prize $500
Second Prize $250
Third Prize $100
Pace University reserves the right to disqualify, at its sole discretion, any individual or team from the competition at any time (before or after the Contest or the award of any prize) for any reason. Reasons for disqualification may include, but are not limited to, misrepresentations in the application process, plagiarism, infringement of the intellectual property of others, and any failure to comply with the rules of the competition. Disqualified individuals or teams shall forfeit any and all prizes awarded to them.
Benefits of participation
- Cash Prizes
- Clarity of what your app would look like
- Opportunity to market your app at the final showcase event
- Get feedback from students who might be your first customers
- Use these designs in the Pitch contest or other pitches to make a strong impression